Sundra Ryce is the President and CEO of SLR Contracting & Service Company Inc. (SLR) and Sundra Ryce, Inc. (SRI). She is an entrepreneur, corporate leader, motivational speaker, author and celebrity coach.
SLR Contracting & Service Company is a general construction company headquartered in Buffalo, New York. SLR is a progressive and growing construction company specializing in commercial construction, construction management, design-build and safety & risk management services. The company was established by Sundra Ryce in 1996 to provide quality work and exemplary customer service in the construction industry.
Since its inception, SLR has expanded to many geographical regions throughout New York State and beyond. Ms. Ryce oversees all functions of the business including construction operations, strategic planning, sales and marketing, human resources, customer service, finance and negotiations. The company's motto is "Experience The Difference."
Ms. Ryce established Sundra Ryce, Inc., a leadership development company where she shares her business acumen and success strategies internationally, through keynote addresses, seminars, workshops, conferences and leadership coaching. Ms. Ryce is the author and publisher of "Confessions Of An Incredible Life", a motivational CD and an upcoming leadership book designed to empower individuals to achieve greater success in life. Her company's motto is "Leadership, Inspiration, Impact."
Sundra Ryce is currently pursuing a Doctoral Degree in Global Theological Education and is an ordained minister. She earned her Master of Science Degree in Education from Medaille College, Buffalo, New York and received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Studies from the State University of New York College at Buffalo. She serves on the Buffalo State College Foundation Advisory Committee and is a Trustee on the Amherst Chamber of Commerce board. Ms. Ryce formerly served as Trustee on the Great Lakes Health and Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences boards. She is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and The Links Incorporated.
Ms. Ryce has been invited to the U.S. Capitol to address the U.S. House of Representatives and has been named one of the Nation's Top 100 Largest Black Businesses by Black Enterprise Magazine.
Ms. Ryce and SLR have received numerous awards and recognition that include the following:
- 2013 - "The Work and Wealth: Your 2013 Financial Plan" – Essence Magazine
- 2012 - "Rising Stars 40 & Under The Next Generation of Women of Power" - Black Enterprise Magazine
- 2012 - SLR ranked No. 98 of the Nation's Top 100 Largest Black Businesses
- 2011 - SLR ranked No. 87 of the Nation's Top 100 Largest Black Businesses - Black Enterprise Magazine
- 2011 - SLR ranked No. 7 of top General Contractors - Buffalo Business First Magazine
- 2010 - Administrator's Award for Excellence - U.S. Small Business Administration
- 2010 - "Women of Distinction" Award - NY State Executive Chamber
- 2009 - Received the SBA National 8(a) Graduate Firm of the Year Award, Washington, D.C.
- 2009 - SLR ranked No. 15 of the top 100 Fastest Growing Inner City Companies in America by ICIC and BusinessWeek SmallBiz Magazine
- 2008 - SLR ranked No. 6 in the top 100 Fastest Growing Inner City Companies in America by ICIC and Inc. Magazine
- 2008 - Small Business Champion of the Year - Small Business Administration